Police chief addresses crime and sign-on bonusesThe Police and Fire committee met last week to hear a report from Blytheville Chief of Police Ross Thompson. Thompson reported that the department is currently staffed at 31 officers with a budget of...
County officials slightly under budgetMonday afternoon the Quorum Court Finance Committee met for their March monthly meeting. Finance Chairman Michael White stated that currently the county is 16.70 percent, or 17 percent, through the...
- Manila FFA Alumni Dinner/Auction raises money for scholarships (3/20/19)
- First female scout troop in NEA formed in Blytheville (3/20/19)
- BPD joins forces with ASP, other agencies to make several arrests Saturday (3/17/19)
- ANC water proposal gets no second (3/16/19)
- City’s infrastructure discussed (3/16/19)
- BIC hires Kinard as basketball coach, AD (3/16/19)
- Manila board talks Main St. building (3/16/19)
- Chitwood pitches more investment in WORK program (3/16/19)
- ‘Prayers for Blytheville’ (3/16/19)
- ANC to renovate library and add landscaping (3/16/19)
- Lady Pirates runner-upThe Gosnell Lady Pirates were runner-up in the Brookland Bearcat Blast over the weekend as they went two-for-three. The Lady Pirates defeated the Highland Lady Rebels 12-5 and the Wynne Lady Yellowjackets 9-2. They were defeated in the championship game 6-1 by the Salem Lady Greyhounds...
Shirley L. TaylorShirley L. Taylor, 69, passed away March 19, 2019, with her family by her side in Springdale. Shirley was born in Osceola, to Fred and Bertha Kagebein Harris. She graduated from Blytheville High...
Linda Louise HolawayLinda Louise Holaway, 70, of Paragould, passed from this life, Tuesday, March 19, 2019, at her home. Born in Chicago, Ill., to the late Raymond and Ruby Alexander Tucker, she had been a resident of...
Robert Walter Caruthers WilliamsRobert Walter Caruthers Williams was born on Feb. 26, 1989, in Blytheville to Brenda Williams and Robert Walter Caruthers Jr. Robert entered into eternal rest on Saturday, Feb. 2, 2019. Robert...
Betty Jo ZiebaBetty Jo Zieba, 60, of Marie passed away March 17, 2019, in Myrtle Beach, S.C. She was a homemaker and a member of Nodena Baptist Church in Nodena. Betty was born Dec. 26, 1958 in Wilson to Marvin...
Ronald Baxter RomineRonald Baxter Romine, 64, of Osceola, passed away March 14, 2019, at his home. He was retired from the process plant and of the Baptist faith. Mr. Romine was born Feb. 17, 1955 in Athens, Ala., to...
Terry Lee PritchettTerry Lee Pritchett of Blytheville was born Aug. 3, 1956, in Blytheville to the late Henry Pritchett, Sr. and the late Irene Gosney. He was a retired brick layer and graduated Blytheville High School...
- Trout, Angels finalize record $426.5 million, 12-year deal
- 'Full House' to big house in college scheme? Experts differ
- A closer look at New Zealand's new weapons ban
- APNewsBreak: Police say immigrant suspect killed for drugs
- New Zealand bans 'military-style' guns after mosque attacks
- Trump's invective at John McCain dismays some Republicans
- Dubai finds itself entangled in case against R. Kelly
- Man recreates bunny suit marriage proposal for anniversary
- LA-area pursuit suspect breakdances before surrendering
- Man uses nude mannequins to send message to 'nosey' neighbor
- Police: Duo nabbed trying to steal Capone statue in Arkansas
- Oregon Blockbuster outlasts others to become last on Earth
- Man returns library book 53 years late
- Germany: Drunk passenger demands high-speed train slow down