County sanitation and finance committees meetJustice Neil Burge, Mississippi County Sanitation Committee chair, opened the Monday committee meeting with a year to date budget review for the landfill. The total revenue through September was...
ANC board gets ‘Spark’Members of the Arkansas Northeastern College Board of Trustees met via ZOOM teleconferencing for their regularly scheduled meeting on Wednesday where they received copies of the Spark Magazine...
- Blytheville native reflects on time in NBA Bubble (10/24/20)
- Ribbon-cutting planned for NCWC (10/24/20)
- Mississippi Co. in red zone (10/24/20)
- Police seek information in Kream Kastle robbery (10/23/20)
- Blytheville, Armorel among school districts in red zone (10/22/20)
- Gosnell/Rivercrest cancelled because of COVID-19 (10/22/20)
- Manila Council splits vote on condo design (10/21/20)
- Leachville Council reimburses LIDC (10/21/20)
- Software issue leads to wrong ballots on first day of early voting (10/19/20)
- Gosnell schools on lockdown (10/19/20)
- Pirates drop 4A-3 battle with PocahontasThe Pirates and Redskins battled back-and-forth all night Friday, but Pocahontas spoiled Gosnell’s Senior Night by handing the host team a 45-30 loss at J.W. Rea Stadium. The game was closer than the final score indicated as the Pirates (1-3, 1-1 4A-3) still had a shot late in the key 4A-3 conference contest...
Alice Ethelene Coyle PowellAlice Ethelene Coyle Powell, 86, of Hickory, N.C., formerly of Lepanto, passed away Thursday, Oct. 22, 2020, at Trinity Village in Hickory, N.C. Born Sept. 14, 1934, in Caraway, she was the daughter...
Blonetta Virginia BrownBlonetta Virginia Brown, 95, of Blytheville, passed away Friday, Oct. 16, 2020, at St. Bernards Medical Center in Jonesboro. Funeral arrangements are incomplete and will be announced when complete....
Helen Whistle OsborneHelen Whistle Osborne, 93, of Memphis, Tenn., formerly of Blytheville, peacefully passed away on Friday, Oct. 16, 2020, at South Breeze Assisted Living in Memphis. Helen was born in Dell to W. A. and...
James Wesley “Double” CooperJames Wesley “Double” Cooper, 55, of Batesville and formerly of Blytheville, passed away Wednesday, Oct. 21, 2020, at Great River Medical Center in Blytheville. Double was born in Blytheville to...
Philip David Steed
Shirley Dean MinirthShirley Dean Minirth, 73, of Manila, widow of Dan Minirth, passed from this life Tuesday, Oct. 20, 2020, at her home. Born in Bay Village, she was the daughter of the late Tom and Albertine Shaver...
- Pence to keep up travel despite contact with infected aide
- Surging coronavirus colors White House race in closing days
- Murkowski's nod gives Barrett extra boost for Supreme Court
- Eyes turn to Texas as early voting surge surpasses 2016
- UN: Nuclear weapons ban treaty to enter into force
- Reid says Biden should end Senate filibuster after 3 weeks
- Crews vacuum 'murder hornets' out of Washington nest
- Man wins $2M after mistakenly buying extra lottery ticket
- Can't crush this: Beetle armor gives clues to tougher planes
- Woman's obituary: In lieu of flowers 'do not vote for Trump'
- Baby born on Maine island for 1st time in more than 90 years
- Rare white sea turtle found on South Carolina beach
- Border closure can't keep grandparents from Canadian wedding
- John Oliver now has a sewage plant named after him