Chief: Speed not cause of BPD crashesBlytheville Police Chief Ross Thompson does not believe speed was a contributing factor in two accidents involving BPD patrol vehicles this month. A seasoned police officer, Lt. Michael Dannar...
ANC tops state in graduates’ first-year payOn Wednesday, the Arkansas Northeastern College Board of Trustees met for its regularly scheduled meeting where ANC President Dr. James Shemwell reported the results of the 2019 Economic Security...
- Manila moves forward with energy upgrades (2/22/20)
- BIC board applauds EAST (2/22/20)
- 31 structures condemned (2/22/20)
- Hopkins back in school after raising her family (2/22/20)
- American Greetings to layoff 268 (2/19/20)
- Manila council approves hires; city has several projects to complete (2/19/20)
- Black History Spotlight: The integration of Blytheville High School, Harrison High School (2/19/20)
- Polar Plunge raises over $5K (2/18/20)
- Designing Women producer welcomed to Blytheville (2/15/20)
- Cheer coach says Brookland fans spit on BHS students (2/15/20)
- Brookland knocks off top-seeded ChicksBATESVILLE— The Blytheville Chickasaws hoped to rebound from their end of the regular season loss to the Brookland Bearcats last Tuesday as the two teams squared off again Thursday night in the semifinals of the 4A-3 district tournament. The Bearcats, however, upended the top-seeded Chicks again 51-46 in a standing room only gym...
Kurt K. SawyerKurt K. Sawyer, 39, of Conway, went to be with the Lord Thursday, Feb. 20, 2020. He was born May 10, 1980 in Blytheville to Kenneth and Brenda Noggle Sawyer. Kurt was preceded in death by his father,...
Wylie Wayne WorkmanWylie Wayne Workman, 98, of Springdale died peacefully at his home on Feb. 20, 2020, where he had been cared for by family and Circle of Life Hospice Caregivers. Dr. Wayne Workman was born Nov. 3,...
Quinterrius Trevon WhiteQuinterrius Trevon White, 19, of Osceola died Feb. 13, 2020, at his home. He was a factory worker and of the Baptist faith. Quinterrius was born March 7, 2000, in Blytheville to Quincy Amos and...
Eugenia G. BibbsEugenia G. Bibbs, 98, of Manila, widow of Marvin "Bud" Bibbs, died Monday, Feb. 17, 2020, at the Manila Nursing Center. Born in Swifton to the late Mintrie and Bessie Shaver, she had been a Manila...
Junior OvertonJunior Overton, 86, of Blytheville, passed away Tuesday, Feb. 18, 2020, at his home. Junior was born in Blytheville to Billie and Eva Mae Overton. He was a retired farmer and a member of Lone Oak...
Judith V. RayJudith V. Ray, 83, of Blytheville, passed away Sunday, Feb. 16, 2020, at Gosnell Therapy and Living. Judith was born in Iuka, Miss., to Albert Fowler, Sr. and Arel Wilson Fowler. She was retired from...
- American Greetings to layoff 268
- Chief: Speed not cause of BPD crashes
- Cheer coach says Brookland fans spit on BHS students
- 31 structures condemned
- Gunman opens fire in Osceola housing area, then kills himself
- Polar Plunge raises over $5K
- Black History Spotlight: The integration of Blytheville High School, Harrison High School
- Italy cancels Venice Carnival in bid to halt spread of virus
- Michigan sex-misconduct claims mirror Ohio State doctor case
- Passage to India: Trump ready for warm embrace, adulation
- China's Xi says epidemic 'grim,' calls for action on economy
- Sanders wins Nevada caucuses, takes national Democratic lead
- Zamboni driver, 42, gets win as emergency goalie for 'Canes
- Analysis: Sanders' path has echoes of Trump's 2016 campaign
- Bear that wandered yards near Los Angeles moved to forest
- Woman accused of calling 911 after parents cut off cellphone
- Trapped paraglider rescued from power lines in California
- Authorities: Virginia farmer holds goat thief at gunpoint
- Police chief stripped of duties disrobes, walks into storm
- 'Leaning Tower of Dallas' is online star after implosion
- Technicality extinguishes sparkler record attempt in Wyoming