Weather impacting gym projectWet weather has affected the construction of the new Blytheville High School-New Tech gym. “Obviously, the rain has not helped us any,” Blytheville School District director of operations Randy Jumper...
Leachville council discusses needsThe Leachville City Council reviewed upcoming needs and improvements to city ordinances and regulations during the meeting Monday evening. Robert Ballard reported that the part-time garbage and dump...
- County board talks bond money (5/22/19)
- Cave-in closes portion of road in Blytheville (5/21/19)
- Excitement over National Cold War Museum (5/21/19)
- BHS’ Brasfield is ACSS Teacher of Year (5/21/19)
- Nucor plans $400M expansion (5/18/19)
- Mississippi County looking at ways to grow population (5/18/19)
- Manila board to discuss sunsetting tax (5/18/19)
- Manila School Board hopes program lowers utility bill (5/18/19)
- Facilities Board discusses concession stand (5/18/19)
- Public Works board approves requests (5/18/19)
- Keene signs with Central Baptist CollegeFriday afternoon, Gosnell Pirate senior outfielder Coty Keene signed a national letter of intent to play collegiate ball at Central Baptist College in Conway. “It’s always been a dream of mine to get a chance to play at the next level in either basketball or baseball,” Keene explained. “At the state tournament I was given that opportunity! Coach [Frank] Lee was very encouraging and that’s the main reason for accepting the offer to play at CBC.”...
Gene Schrader AdamsGene Schrader Adams, 46, of Manila, passed from this life Wednesday, May 22, 2019, at Flo & Phil Jones Hospice House in Jonesboro. Born in Jonesboro, he was a lifelong Manila resident and was a 1991...
Johnny Lee ThomasJohnny Lee Thomas was born June 21, 1954, in Memphis, Tenn., to James Thomas of Milwaukee, Wis., and the late Rosie Lee Wood Miller. He was a farm worker and was of the Baptist faith. Mr. Thomas...
Lisa Anitte RoweLisa Anitte Rowe was born April 26, 1966, in Blytheville to the late Robert Davis and the late Mae B. Randolph Davis. She was a CNA for over 28 years, she completed the 12th grade and one year of...
Derrell TurnerDerrell Turner, 39, of Osceola died May 20, 2019, at UAMS in Little Rock. He was a factory worker and a member of Tabernacle MB Church in Osceola. Mr. Turner was born Oct. 6, 1979, in Osceola to...
Sandra Kay GrimesSandra Kay Grimes, 58, of Osceola died May 16, 2019, at St. Bernards Medical Center in Jonesboro. She was a retired factory worker and of the Baptist faith. Ms. Grimes was born Feb. 1, 1961, in...
Michael Leon WilsonMichael Leon Wilson, 55, of Blytheville, passed away Sunday, May 19, 2019, at NEA Baptist Hospital in Jonesboro. Born in Blytheville to Leon and Gail Wilson, Michael was a graduate of Blytheville...
- Thieves break into home of Councilman Jones, assault him
- Nucor plans $400M expansion
- Cave-in closes portion of road in Blytheville
- Bennett named Arkansas State Trooper of the Year
- Mississippi County looking at ways to grow population
- Concerns over concession stand pricing
- Sanders named Armorel girls hoops coach
- Trump moves to escalate investigation of intel agencies
- Lawyer: Deal close in Weinstein sexual misconduct lawsuits
- Modi surges to victory in India on Hindu-first platform
- US charges WikiLeaks founder with publishing classified info
- 3 dead, state capital battered as storms rake Missouri
- APNewsBreak: Police won't fight California use-of-force bill
- Serial killer who took 10 women's lives executed in Florida
- Maine company wants to turn cow poo into gas to heat homes
- Someone breaks into home, takes nothing, gives it good scrub
- Homeless Tennessee student graduates as valedictorian
- Sea dragons captivate visitors at California aquarium
- Fugitive says he'll surrender if people like wanted poster
- Construction workers find dinosaur fossils in Denver suburb
- Zoo euthanizes flamingo hit by rock thrown by child