Strategic plan to focus on local economyHow will Mississippi County’s economy grow in the next five years? County leaders hope a firm will show them a path to overcoming challenges such as boosting the workforce numbers. On Wednesday, the...
Council approves Ritz boardThe Blytheville City Council met on Tuesday for their first full meeting of 2019 with an agenda of only four items, including an ordinance re-adopting ordinance no. 1840 (rules of order for the...
- BIC Superintendent's contract renewed through 2022 (1/19/19)
- Ever’s contract extended (1/19/19)
- 2019 Point In Time Count (1/18/19)
- Four suspected in shooting of Blytheville teen (1/18/19)
- Jonesboro police identify human remains (1/18/19)
- Possible fraud attempt reported to BPD (1/17/19)
- UPDATE: Barricaded suspect surrenders to Blytheville police (1/16/19)
- Blytheville to stay New Tech; leaders to go before state board again in Dec. (1/16/19)
- Blytheville board approves sewer work (1/16/19)
- Manila hires police chief (1/16/19)
- Gosnell Lady Pirates lose in heartbreaking fashionGOSNELL — The Gosnell Lady Pirates were milliseconds away from defeating 3A-3 conference opponent the Rivercrest Lady Colts in regulation; however, a shot by senior center Kaylee Miller was still in her hands as the buzzer went off. The Lady Pirates and Lady Colts went into double overtime before finally RHS came away with a lead and win, 48-41...
Jose Cortez CarranzaJose Cortez Carranza, 36, of Leachville, passed from this life Friday, Jan. 18, 2019, at his home. Born in Matamoros, Mexico, and raised in Leachville, he was the son of the late Jose Cortez and had...
Frances Crews ThompsonFrances Crews Thompson, 75, of Fayetteville, N.C., formerly of Leachville, passed from this life Sunday, Jan. 13, 2019, at Cape Fear Valley Medical Center in Fayetteville. Born in Leachville, she was...
Archie Edward OhlerArchie Edward Ohler passed away Jan. 13, 2019, in Osceola, at the age of 55. He retired at American Greetings where he was a machine specialist for 23 years. He was born Sept. 14, 1963 in Wilson to...
Terri “Chrissy” Dampier AskueTerri “Chrissy” Dampier Askue, 45, of Blytheville, passed away Jan. 13, 2019, at her home. Terri was born in Blytheville to Hoyt Dampier and Shelia (Brothers) Dampier. She was the special education...
William Christopher (Chris) ClarkWilliam Christopher (Chris) Clark was born Dec. 13, 1968. He graduated from North Arizona University in 1993. He is survived by his father, Dr. William Clark; his mother, Dona Sanders; his brother,...
Esther Lee BarkerEsther Lee Barker, 82, of Jonesboro, former longtime Manila resident and widow of Mr. Bobby Barker, passed from this life Monday, Jan. 14, 2019, at the Craighead Nursing Center in Jonesboro. Born in...
- UPDATE: Barricaded suspect surrenders to Blytheville police
- Mom thanks Blytheville police, Good Samaritan for saving son’s life
- Four suspected in shooting of Blytheville teen
- Police investigating shootings
- BGRAA demonstrates Blytheville’s hospitality as Blackhawks fuel up
- Aldridge pleads guilty to rape of 8-year-old
- Possible fraud attempt reported to BPD
- Trump's shutdown solution hangs in limbo
- Hurdles cleared, Patriots head to 3rd straight Super Bowl
- Venezuela quells soldiers' revolt, top court blasts congress
- Trump lawyer walks back comments about Moscow project
- Frigid air, high winds sweep the Northeast; at least 7 dead
- MLK holiday offers stage for Democratic hopefuls
- Man linked to 4 killings suspected of being in US illegally
- Pastor predicted score in Patriots' AFC championship win
- Half ton of fun: Cincinnati Zoo's Fiona turning 2
- Restaurant sign approved after concerns it was offensive
- Cat rescued after sliding down dam's spillway
- Another ice disk grabs attention in Maine
- Police seek volunteers to get drunk for them; many respond
- Commuter's 'delay scarf' bought by German train company