Board approves incentivesThe Mississippi County Economic Development committee met on Tuesday to hear from economic developer Clif Chitwood. Chitwood proposed two hiring incentives for companies coming into the county. He...
Fruit of Loom building debatedThe fate of the old Fruit of the Loom building appears to remain a mystery with conflicting stories coming to the surface at Monday night’s Osceola City Council meeting. The council voted last year...
- Council discusses agenda item authority
- Manila board makes several new hires
- Rep. Hodges selected as one of nation’s top rising leaders
- 6-hour standoff ends peacefully (4/18/19)
- County board approves requests (4/17/19)
- More support for Crisis Stabilization Unit (4/17/19)
- Local woman perishes in crash (4/15/19)
- Mississippi County Quorum Court passes bond measure (4/13/19)
- Caraway applies for $200K grant (4/13/19)
- BPD to offer sign-on bonus (4/13/19)
- Sam Henry Jackson’s base hit in 8th gives Holiday Inn win in 8thBlytheville Baseball Softball Boosters league action continued Tuesday at the Blytheville Youth Sportsplex. Thursday’s games were rained out. Rookie League Farmers Bank 4, Family Eye Care 3 Family Eye Care jumped out to a 2-0 lead in the early game Tuesday night but Farmers Bank and Trust tied the game at two in the top of the third. FBT added two more runs in the top of the fifth to lead 4-2. Family Eye Care rallied but fell short as they were defeated 4-3...
Lavene SimpsonLavene Simpson (nee Prince), 87, of Michigan City, Ind., passed away Wednesday, April 17, 2019, at Life Care Center in Valparaiso, Ind. She was born Aug. 5, 1931 in Monette to Emmett and Dessie Lee...
Virginia Darby CableVirginia Darby Cable, 79, of Steele, Mo., passed away Wednesday, April 17, 2019, at Arkansas Continued Care in Jonesboro. Virginia was born in Blytheville to Benjamin and Ella Altmon Darby. She was...
Michael BranchMichael Branch, 55, died on April 15, 2019, at his home. He was born in Steele, Mo., to Billy Sr. and Geneva Branch on Oct. 3, 1963. He liked to cook, work in the yard, be with his family, and loved...
Paul Douglas JenkinsPaul Douglas Jenkins, 53, of Blytheville passed away at his home on Tuesday, April 16, 2019. Paul was born Aug. 13, 1965 in Blytheville and was the son of Charles and Alma Lee White Jenkins. He was...
Lee Amos MathisLee Amos Mathis of Blytheville was born Dec. 9, 1951 in Blytheville to the late Harvey Mathis II and the late Alberta Grant Mathis. He was a carpenter and a United States Army veteran. Mr. Mathis...
Eddie “ Shack” Williams, Jr.Eddie “ Shack” Williams, Jr. of Newbern, Tenn., was born Dec. 26, 1948, to the late Eddie Williams, Sr. and the late Jessie Mae Williams. He was a truck driver and a member of First Missionary...
- Egyptians vote on changes that would extend el-Sissi's rule
- United Methodists edge toward breakup over LGBT policies
- Quest for food stamp data lands newspaper at Supreme Court
- 'I'm going to die': Survivor recounts Mali ethnic massacre
- New attack on Ebola center in Congo; 1 militia member killed
- Trump's legal team breathes a sigh, takes a victory lap
- Northern Ireland police arrest 2 in killing of journalist
- Grease is the way we are stealing in northern Virginia
- Colorado TV tech charged after giving customer 'bear hug'
- Road crew misspells 'school' in school crossing
- Police: Man returns home, finds naked stranger on couch
- Sheriff's officer corrals donkey on interstate near Chicago
- Snakes in office force Liberia's president to work from home
- Deputies look for naked burglar who stole from Little League