Bill seeks tax credit program for private-school scholarshipsA bill before state legislators seeks to create a $10 million tax credit program, which supporters contend will incentivize philanthropic giving toward K-12 private-school scholarships. Of the $10...
Manila native living her dream racing sled dogsBridgett Moore Watkins of Fairbanks, AK is living her dream racing her own team of sled dogs. Bridgett also has roots in Arkansas where she was born and spent her first years and later returned to...
- UPDATE: Names released in gambling raid (3/4/21)
- Manila SB member decides not to seek re-election (3/3/21)
- School board filings (3/3/21)
- BBSB to hold sign-ups online, in-person (3/3/21)
- Eastern District Deputy Clerk reinstated (3/3/21)
- Pandemic leads to ANC’s slight decline in enrollment (3/3/21)
- Riverside School Board member recognized (3/3/21)
- Leachville council discusses grant applications (3/3/21)
- Celebrate! Maya Project’s book launch: ‘A Chapter in Mississippi County History’ (2/27/21)
- BIC discusses virtual changes (2/27/21)
- Chicks finish regional runner-upBlytheville’s late game efforts came up just short March 6 as they fell to the Little Rock Mills Comets 54-52 in the 4A East Regional final at a sold-out Chickasaw Arena. After being ahead as much as 10 points early in the third, offensive rebounds helped the Comets regain composure and battle back. Mills took their first lead of the game late in the quarter, but Blytheville got a putback score of their own from Lamont Jackson to keep the Chicks ahead 37-36...
Jack ReamsJack Reams, 86, of Gosnell, passed away Friday, March 5, 2021, at Baptist East Hospital in Memphis, Tenn. Jack was born in Blytheville to Lester and Carmen Crawford Reams. He retired from Goodyear as...
Bertha Mae Boyd ScrogginsBertha Mae Boyd Scroggins of Dell was born June 19, 1953, in Holland, Mo., to the late James W. Boyd and the late Elsie Morse Boyd. She was a homemaker and was of the Baptist faith. Mrs. Scroggins...
Nettie JarrettNettie Jarrett, 92, of Blytheville, passed away March 2, 2021, at Flo and Phil Jones Hospice House in Jonesboro. Nettie was born in Alabama to Edward and Elive Hudson Lynn. She was a homemaker and...
Betty HeffingtonBetty Heffington, 94, of Blytheville, passed away Wednesday, March 3, 2021, at Gosnell Therapy and Living Center. Betty was born in Bradford to Harvey and Rosa Feagins Millikin and was a homemaker....
Glenn Edward McMinnGlenn Edward McMinn, 56, of Ravenden, passed away Monday, March 1, 2021, at Lawrence County Memorial Hospital, Walnut Ridge. He was born July 14, 1964, in Leachville to Vernon Edward and Linda Mae...
Mary ReeseMary Reese, 82, of Memphis, Tenn., formerly of Blytheville, passed away Monday, Feb. 22, 2021, at her home in Memphis, where she lived with her niece and nephew, Jamey and Jr. Burcham. Mary was born...
- Zimbabwe's women battle gender discrimination amid pandemic
- Guilt, envy, distrust: Vaccine rollout breeds mixed emotions
- Race, title and anguish: Meghan and Harry explain royal rift
- After historic whirlwind visit, Pope leaves Iraq for Rome
- As US mulls Afghan exit, activist sees long fight for women
- Claimed value of sleepy NY estate could come to haunt Trump
- With virus aid in sight, Democrats debate filibuster changes
- Courts wrestle with whether manslaughter is always violent
- Satan tries to get a date on the Boston subway system
- Woman impaled by tree limb has 7 broken ribs, husband says
- Man accused of QAnon vandalism at 'America's Stonehenge'
- Yard sale find turns out to be artifact worth up to $500,000
- Historical remains found during construction reburied in NYC
- Doctor appears in court video call while performing surgery