Whiskey distillery coming to BlythevilleAn old printing plant will soon be transformed into a whiskey distillery in downtown Blytheville. Tuesday evening, the Blytheville Planning Commission approved a conditional use permit for 118 South...
Manila to save $883K by refinancing bondsManila School Board finalized bond refinancing, accepted resignations, approved the student handbook, discussed energy updates, approved the teacher salary schedule and student insurance at Monday’s...
- BIC asks to issue $1.6M refunding bonds (8/17/19)
- Board approves additional $300K incentives for ASP (8/17/19)
- Municipal League supports job descriptions in Blytheville (8/17/19)
- Craighead County gives property to city of Monette (8/17/19)
- Busy month for Pafford EMS (8/17/19)
- Motorists advised to use caution at Moultrie and Ruddle (8/14/19)
- Jefferson clarifies demo process (8/14/19)
- Leachville Council approves hydrant repairs (8/14/19)
- Local youth write about historymakers (8/14/19)
- Armorel begins new year (8/13/19)
- DePriest ready for the next challengeTrey DePriest, a graduate of Buffalo Island Central High School, has long been known for his golf skills. Starting at the age of three, he caught the attention of experienced golfers at the many courses he has played. Trey, the son of Thomas and Candie DePriest, will be going to the University of Central Arkansas in Conway where he will continue his college golf career as he works toward a degree in sports psychology...
Charles Henry DunnCharles Henry Dunn, 85, of Manila, died Friday, Aug. 16, 2019, at his home. Born in Black Oak, he was the son of the late John and Cora England Dunn and had lived most of his life in Manila. Charles...
Kenneth Leroy “Buck” FrasherKenneth Leroy “Buck” Frasher, 79 of Arbyrd, Mo., passed from this life Friday, Aug. 16, 2019, at the Arkansas Methodist Medical Center in Paragould. Born in Scammon, Kansas, he served in the U.S....
Stewart Braswell GurleyStewart Braswell Gurley, 89, of Blytheville, passed away Thursday, Aug. 15, 2019 at his home. Stewart was born in Blytheville to James and Virgie Gurley. He was a retired farmer and attended...
James Glenn “Jamie” DavidsonJames Glenn “Jamie” Davidson, 55, of Manila, died Wednesday, Aug. 14, 2019, from injuries received in a motorcycle accident in Manila. The son of the late Mabel Rickard Davidson, he was born in...
Jamie Renee McDermottJamie Renee McDermott, 58, of Holland, Mo., passed away Aug. 13, 2019, at St. Bernards Medical Center in Jonesboro. Born Jan. 25, 1961 in Blytheville, she was the daughter of James and Mary Ann...
Donald Herbert HendersonDonald Herbert Henderson, better known as “JD”, died unexpectedly on Aug. 11, 2019 in Blytheville. Our hearts are breaking today as we realize the depth of our loss. JD was bigger than life, smart,...
- Florida's iconic palm trees threatened by invasive disease
- US gives Huawei a 90-day reprieve on technology trade ban
- Early Epstein accuser: Police could have stopped him in 1997
- Chinese pop stars publicly back Beijing on Hong Kong
- After Amash dumped Trump, his district may do same to him
- 34% of economists in survey expect a US recession in 2021
- Afghanistan vows to crush Islamic State havens after attack
- Alaska man discovers message in bottle from Russian Navy
- Officials seize marijuana mixed with jalapeÃƒÂ±o peppers
- 'Miracle house' in Ohio draws pilgrims amid sainthood push
- Woman thought she had kidney stones, gave birth to triplets
- CORRECTIVE: Mario Cuomo Bridge story
- Florida vacation home invaded by vomiting vultures
- Ohio officials say more crocodiles unlikely after 1 found