County board OKs lease of tractorThe Mississippi County Finance Committee met Monday afternoon and approved the leasing of a John Deere tractor for the landfill, as well as discussed hiring temporary help at the landfill and road...
Emmy award winning journalist, TV producer Stephanie A. Frederic will be a guest speaker during Juneteenth celebration.The 5th Mississippi County Juneteenth Celebration is this week. The Juneteenth celebration recognizes events from June 19th, 1865 when enslaved people in Galveston, Texas were told they were free....
- Leachville council approves fireworks purchase
- Few details in county employee termination, investigation into discrepancies in bank records (6/18/19)
- City proposes jail fee agreement (6/15/19)
- Gosnell mulls reducing garbage pickup to 1 day (6/15/19)
- $250K grant to provide work on Blytheville streets (6/15/19)
- Manila School Board accepts resignations (6/15/19)
- Landfill ‘doing well’ (6/15/19)
- Blytheville officers perform CPR on woman (6/15/19)
- Blytheville Planning Commission approves lot split (6/15/19)
- Armorel re-elects officers (6/15/19)
- Chaos win district title in thrilling fashionThe Blytheville Chaos rallied to win the 8-and-under Coach Pitch District Touranment in thrilling fashion, 9-8, over Paragould at the Blytheville Youth Sportsplex. The Chaos had trailed by as many as four runs, before forcing extra innings. In the bottom of the eighth, Robert Dean ripped a two-run walk-off base hit to center, driving in Jaibin Burnett and Colton Cox...
Marilyn P. Lutes ShearinMarilyn P. Lutes Shearin, age 81 of Blytheville, passed from this life on Sunday, June 16, 2019 at her home. Born to Harry Louis and Gertrude Lucille Voss Lutes in Blytheville, she was retired from...
Ollieda “Leda” Rene RichardsonOllieda “Leda” Rene Richardson, 71, of Gosnell passed away at Great River Medical Center in Blytheville. She was born in Memphis, Tenn., to Jess and Ruth Alton Moore on Feb. 2, 1948. She retired...
Francisco GonzalezFrancisco Gonzalez was born in Mexico City, Mexico, on Oct. 4, 1976, to Esteban Guadalupe Gonzalez and Arelinda Serrano. He was a cook. He departed his life June 15, 2019, at the age of 42. He was...
Dorris Laverne Stone DeanDorris Laverne Stone Dean, 85, of Blytheville, passed away June 16, 2019, at Reynolds Hospice House in Collierville, Tenn. She was born in Oran, Mo., the youngest child of Rayburn Hodge Stone and...
Robert Lynn “Bobby” TateRobert Lynn “Bobby” Tate, 61, of Leachville, passed from this life Wednesday, June 12, 2019, at Great River Medical Center in Blytheville. Born in Paragould and raised in Manila and Leachville, he...
Shirley Ann BrownShirley Ann Brown of New Orleans, La., formerly of Osceola, was born June 22, 1954, to the late Hubert Brown Sr. and Lucille Wiley Brown in Osceola. Shirley departed this life Tuesday, June 11, 2019,...
- UN: Nearly 71 million now displaced by war, violence at home
- Iraqi official: Rocket hits oil site, wounds 3 Iraqi workers
- Trump rehashes gripes, rips 'radical' Dems in 2020 launch
- Trump EPA close to gutting Obama rule on coal power plants
- Xi supports North Korea's direction on issues ahead of visit
- Phoenix police chief promises change amid civil rights claim
- Democratic panel to open debate on reparations for slavery
- Man caught at JFK smuggling 34 finches in hair curlers
- 'Baby' found dead near park turns out to be realistic doll
- Thou shalt not steal thy neighbor's surveillance camera
- Police: Man faked heart attack while accomplice robbed store
- Cat filter goof leaves Pakistanis scratching their whiskers
- Unicyclist completes 180-mile Trek Across Maine
- Experts: Humpback whale in San Francisco Bay appears ill