Wallace chosen as interim superThe Blytheville School Board selected Blytheville Middle School principal Mike Wallace as the interim superintendent on Jan. 24. Wallace will assume the position on Jan. 31 and remain until the...
Monette thankful for kindness after tornadoMonette City Council members reviewed kindness and donations supplied by volunteers and support groups during and after the Dec. 10, 2021 tornado that caused great damage to city and area residents....
- Variety of issues dicussed at Blytheville meeting
- Name of BMS employee hit by bus released (1/25/22)
- Teacher struck by bus (1/24/22)
- Man shot in Walker Park (1/24/22)
- Blankenship resigns as interim superintendent (1/22/22)
- Manila extends Eversí contract (1/22/22)
- BIC mulls options for fine arts center (1/22/22)
- Unpaid claims discussed (1/22/22)
- Manilaís Jimmy Davis remembered fondly (1/22/22)
- Blytheville settles suit with firemen (1/21/22)
- Chicks win 12th straight with rout of RebelsBlytheville (18-4, 9-0) pushed their winning streak to 12 on Friday night with a wire-to-wire 69-28 win over Highland (4-12, 1-7). The Chicks open the game on an 8-2 run to jump ahead early. Balanced scoring across the roster helped Blytheville build on their lead from there. Five different Chicks got on the score sheet in the first while also holding Highland to only seven points in the frame...
Fannie Mae GaryFannie Mae Gary, 81, of Osceola passed away Jan. 22, 2022, at Great River Medical Center in Blytheville. She was a homemaker, member of New Mt. Pleasant Christian Worship Center in Osceola and also...
Johnnie Ethel NorthernJohnnie Ethel Northern was born in Lula, Miss., on Sept. 25, 1951, to the late Geneva Anderson and Jessie Lee. Ms. Northern was a homemaker and she loved her family dearly. She will be greatly...
Dorothie WilliamsDorothie Williams, born in Houston, Miss., Sept. 30, 1926, to the late Miles and June Etta Love, entered into rest Saturday, Jan. 22, 2022, at 4:30 a.m. at the age of 95 and three months. She was...
Jessie Lee WarrenJessie Lee Warren, Sr. 92, of Osceola passed away Jan. 21, 2022, at his home in Osceola. He was a retired custodian, a member and a deacon of Pleasant Grove MB Church in Osceola. Mr. Warren was born...
Nancy Mae PettyNancy Mae Petty, 65, of Manila, passed from this life Sunday, Jan. 23, 2022, at the NEA Baptist Memorial Hospital in Jonesboro.†Born and raised in Manila, she was the daughter of the late Walter and...
Ollie Mae JacobsOllie Mae Jacobs, 85, of Osceola, died Jan. 21, 2022, at Forrest City Medical Center in Forest City. She was a homemaker, a lifetime resident of Osceola and a member of Bethlehem MB Church in...
- Coast Guard searches vast sea for 39 people lost off Florida
- UK government holds breath as it awaits 'partygate' report
- Russia threatens retaliation if Ukraine demands not met
- China's Olympics COVID measures test residents' patience
- Ukraine's front line: Where lives turn on distant decisions
- As Fed meets, investor angst over rate hikes spooks markets
- EPA acts on environmental justice in 3 Gulf Coast states
- Meet Methuselah, the oldest living aquarium fish
- Rare eagle seen in Maine, wowing birders, might stay a bit
- Another delay for ex-deep-sea treasure hunter stuck in jail
- Irish police investigate claim dead man taken to post office
- Police: Truck with 100 monkeys crashes, some of them missing
- Cool new disk: Spinning ice drawing chilly gawkers again
- Back in shape: Maine's famous spinning ice disk says hello