Man uninjured in South First Street fire Friday morning
(Local News ~ 03/09/18)
Blytheville firemen fought a fire in the 600 block of South First Street around 9:30 a.m. Friday. According to fire chief Mike Carney, the fire was caused by a space heater beside the couch. The only occupant raced out of the house and suffered no injuries. He was in the backyard when firemen arrived, according to Carney...
Anne Pauline Smith
(Obituary ~ 03/09/18)
Anne Pauline Smith, 98, of Cardwell, Mo., passed from this life Wednesday, March 7, 2018, at the Heritage Nursing Center in Kennett. She was born Jan. 23, 1920 in Arbyrd, Mo., to the late T.C. and Julia Grace Sando McHaney moving shortly thereafter to Leachville along with her four sisters and four brothers. ...
Slow clap for Blytheville Schools leadership
(Column ~ 03/09/18)
I'd like to start off by saying good job to the Blytheville School Board and superintendent Richard Atwill. At the most recent meeting, the board accepted Atwill's recommendation for a salary schedule that included a $1,627 increase in pay to all teachers in the district. They did what they said they were going to do...
Stories from Friday, March 9, 2018
Browse other days